Artist Phil Jimenez returns to the title for the storyline entitled: American Son
- Peter and Wolverine talk about taking down Norman Osborn who has become the most powerful man in America. Logan tells Peter to wait.
- Last issue Jay Jameson, father of J. Jonah Jameson, proposed to Peter's Aunt May. She accepted. Peter and Jonah are at odds during the engagement party.
- The two conspire to break up the engagement.
- Norman Osborn crashes the party to get to his son Harry who has not responded to his father's job offer.
- Jay tells Norman off, gaining Peter's respect. Harry does the same and leaves. Norman is pissed.
- Harry is then confronted by his ex Lily Hollister (aka Menace). The two share a conversation.
- Peter finally decides to take Osborn down and kidnaps him from his personal limo. Peter proceeds to beat Norman.
- As Peter tells Norman to stay away from Harry, but as he does so, Normans phone rings. Harry is on the other line and says that he wishes to accept Norman's job offer. Peter is shocked.
- On the other side of the conversation, we find out that Lily is pregnant with Harry's child and he vows to do anything to keep his family safe. Even work for his father.