Saturday, April 04, 2009

The New Freddy

Jackie Earle Haley, better known as Rorschach from Watchmen, is set to play Freddy Krueger in the Nightmare on Elm Street remake according to ComingSoon.net. Following the financial success of the Friday the 13th reboot, New Line Cinema is working on bringing Krueger back to the big screen. The role was previously head by Robert Englund who played the titular character eight times in the movies. Haley's strong performance on Watchmen led the director to see that he's the type of actor that could make the audience empathize with him even under a mask.

1 comment:

Heir Wolfenstein said...

I already have a gun and knife ready when I open my fridge in fear of Rorschach jumping out and attacking me. Having him haunt me in my dreams isnt going to help my unconscious night terrors either. Either way I think hes going to make an awesome Freddy.