Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Ninja Assassin (and new cartoon)

I saw Ninja Assassin today with my friend Tony. I must say, going in with little expectation I was ready to see some mindless violence. Totally satisfied. I haven't seen a movie with that much action since Ong Bak. It's funny how the only scene in the entire movie that I felt squeamish in didn't even involve ninjas. It was in the very beginning when a gang member was getting a tatoo.

Korean pop sensation Rain delivers the performance of his career as the protagonist ninja assassin, Raizo. That's not saying much though as his last American movie was Speed Racer and he had the sum total of three lines. With cheesy dialogue, sub par acting, and ridiculously awesome special effects fighting scenes, I am reminded of a movie from my youth:

Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones.



Also, here is my new cartoon for the paper. It is about class cutbacks during the Winter intercession.

7 comments:

Teko said...

I'm not sure if this is a negative review or a positive one.

Pete said...

I'll let you know when I figure it out myself.

Meghana said...

way to pull the product placement for WWBN

Pete said...

:D

Pete said...

You know it!

Medusa said...

thank you for the awesome cartoon!!!

Pete said...

No problem, Sabina! How does the last issue look?